Saturday, May 31, 2008

Rainy Day

It has finally decided to pour rain outside, and I'm happy to see it bead up on the new picnic table. We're waiting to see if Nolan's game is canceled. I'm hoping all the seeds we've planted start to poke through the ground.

We all slept in until 8am this morning! It was awesome. I was really sore from cutting hedges and pruning bushes at my mother-in-law's yesterday, so no waking up to exercise today. We got to Thomas' baseball game at 9:30 before the rain started. I think he is officially done with baseball this year though. He wouldn't play, and it just doesn't feel right to keep trying. Maybe next year. We're thinking of signing him up for a class at the YMCA called Presports over the summer. It has kids 3-5 years old and they try out a different sport every week. Maybe we'll find something else that may interest him. At the very least, it will help him participate in group activities. Then we'll wait and see about soccer for the fall.

Tomorrow we have a Cub Scout picnic and lots of different activities next week. I'm looking forward to next Sunday--going for a hike with my friend Marlene. I cannot wait to get out into the woods. I've narrowed it down to 4 options for her to pick: Crane Mountain, Cathead Mountain, Indian Pond or Kibby Pond. I bet the bugs will eat us alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment