Saturday, May 17, 2008

Happy Niska Day!

Also Happy Birthday Mary Ellen! The card is in the mail--Thomas picked it out.

Niska Day was fun. We marched in the parade with our school and all the kids pelted candy at the onlookers--it was great. Then we chilled out at home and went up to the community day afterward. We played some games and ate kettle corn until it started to rain. I think we were there less than an hour, but that was fine by me. Nolan and Chris may go to the fireworks tonight if it doesn't rain out.

We finally got our car back today. It turns out the neck of the gas tank was rotted out and leaking. So that got replaced--just in time too! Our warranty runs out on Monday, so it was a free repair. I'm anxious to see how our gas mileage will be now.

Thomas had his kindergarten screening on Friday which went well. The parents were sent to an empty room to wait for their kids to be done. So I have no idea how it went, but nobody came screaming down the hallway for me. So that's a good sign.

On a separate note, I'm mad at Edy's ice cream. I remember last summer, it would be $2.50 on sale. Now it is $3.50 on sale. AND it is only 1 1/2 quarts! They took a 1/2 quart away! So it is more expensive to get less. Our economy is depressing me, and now I can't even drown my sorrow in delicious ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment