Saturday, February 7, 2009

Winter Fun



I was right...the boys wanted no part in the square dance! I did go into Thomas' gym class to help out and I thought it was cool. Of course, Thomas wouldn't have any part of it while I was there, but he did participate another day when I wasn't there. I will ever understand why he has a hard time doing things when Chris or I are around. We don't pressure him or anything. Maybe just our being there makes him self-conscious. Anyway, he and Nolan still weren't impressed enough to want to go to the dance. They went to a high school basketball game with Chris that night instead.

I still try all the time to encourage the boys to go out and play. Last weekend, I started making a tunnel in a snowbank in the front yard to entice them to come out. It worked for all of 20 minutes when suddenly I realized I was missing a kid ...and another soon followed..into the warmth of the house. Yesterday we found a new hill to sled down, and that was a blast. We went to the Schenectady Municipal golf course. What was cool about the hill was it had several levels. I got some air a couple times! It was really icy, so Thomas enjoyed just sliding down on his bum. My favorite part was when Nolan and I went down together. When we finally stopped, he laid back against me and we just listened to the quiet of the snowy stillness. Nolan's getting to the age where he doesn't like to show his affection very often, so when he does it is awesome. I always tell him he's never too old for a hug.

On Tuesday, Chris is taking the Cub Scouts to Lowe's for a Pinewood Derby Clinic. The Derby is in March, so Nolan will need to start working on his car soon. Valentine's Day and report cards this Friday. Then a whole week off-yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment