Thursday, February 19, 2009

Winter Break

We have had a great winter break so far. It got kicked off with great report cards from both kids. All the hard work Nolan has been doing paid off because he is really doing great, especially in reading and math. The handwriting still needs work but it's coming along. Thomas is also doing great in those same subjects (as much as they do in kindergarten anyway). He still needs work in his speech and listening, especially sound spelling. We treated them to IHOP to celebrate. We don't recommend that place--slow, poor service that's over-priced.

On Tuesday, our friends the Reeds came and have helped us speed the week away. We had so much fun playing games, sledding, and going to the NYS Museum. What was cool about the museum is they are showing an exhibit of Rockwell Kent's work from SUNY Plattsburgh where we went to school. It brought back memories of me hanging out with Mike while he sat at the desk of the museum in Plattsburgh. Of course, now we practically ran through that exhibit, hoping none of our kids would touch anything! Everybody played great and I was sorry to see them leave. An hour later, my boys were fighting again and asking what to do.

Tomorrow we leave for Syracuse to visit my sister and her husband. I'm also getting to see an old high school friend Shawn who I haven't seen in maybe 20 years. This is thanks to Facebook. We are going to check out the science museum in Syracuse too. By the time we get back, I should be exhausted and ready for a vacation from this vacation!

2 comments:

  1. Tell Shawn I said hello! I know, facebook, facebook, blah blah blah...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will! I won't bug you about Facebook again, even though you would LOVE it. We should plan our next get together. How's life in the big city? Kris

    ReplyDelete