Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year!

We still have some decorations and an Epiphany play to perform in, but otherwise the holidays are over for us and Chris is returning to work. Reality is setting in now with all the eating and drinking I've been doing and it's too cold to run! I'm exploring an exercise channel that's pretty good. Starting today, I'm eating less. I wrote it in the blog so now I have to do it!

As predicted, I am very ready for the kids to go back to school. We haven't done a lot of exciting ventures this week, but it has been nice hanging out together and playing with all our new gadgets. I just can't take the fighting between the boys! They are watching the same channel in separate rooms right now. Today, they are getting separated to play with friends which will be good. Too much togetherness! And Nolan has had homework to do which has been a battle. To top it off, Chris fought with our garbage disposal yesterday and the disposal won! But the war isn't over. The battle continues today with hopefully a better outcome. So I'm not complaining, but it is good to get back into a little of a routine with school approaching.

The goals I have for us in 2009 are as follows:
To stay happy and healthy
To be debt free
To begin our journey of the 46 peaks
To be kind to everyone in all things
To live freely and in gratitude
For me, remaining a stay-at-home mom and endeavoring to be more patient
For Chris, to remain at his job and have it be stable and fun
For Nolan, to be more attentive to his responsibilities but also to be confident in who he is and the the love of his family
For Thomas, to realize bad choices never get him anywhere and to let go of his control and anxiety so he can really see the love we have for him

OK, so they are lofty goals! Aim high!

No comments:

Post a Comment