Monday, September 15, 2008

This is for Mike-

I'm told by my friend Mike that he likes it when I make him laugh. And because he is so good to me, I just happen to have a funny story to tell him.

On Thursday morning at 6:50am, I got a phone call from a kid asking to have Nolan over after school. The phone woke me up and I wasn't quite awake when I was talking to him. That afternoon wouldn't work but Friday after school would. I spoke with his mom to iron out the details of a bus pass and hung up. So I make out the bus pass on Friday and told Nolan he's going home with this friend that day. Just after school is dismissed, I get a phone call from the mom, saying they didn't invite Nolan over! They had plans and I needed to come pick him up. I told her I had a whole conversation with her and she thought I was a lunatic! So as soon as Thomas gets home, I go pick up Nolan. On the way home, it dawned on me that this other friend is on the same kid's bus and their names are somewhat similar. So I called that mom and asked her if she was expecting Nolan--yep! So he got his play date after all, albeit late. See, we don't have caller ID anymore so I couldn't tell who it was and I was half asleep! I am really losing it.

On top of that, I sent Thomas to school that day with his underwear on backwards and his shoes on the wrong feet!

No comments:

Post a Comment