Thursday, July 17, 2008

Middle of July already!

This has been the best summer ever in our book. I can't believe how fast it is going already! We are still recuperating from the birthday weekend. Nolan had a busy day yesterday. Town camp in the morning, swimming at the McDonnell's house in the afternoon, quick supper and baseball at night. We discovered they have an All-Star sandlot team for 7-9 year olds on Wednesday nights. Nolan has been missing baseball and we thought it might be good for him to play with some older players. He was tired, so he didn't play his best. But I think he had fun, which is what it's all about. Thomas and I bailed and didn't go because we wanted to veg out at home.

Today I'm getting my hair cut and then pick out paint for Thomas' room. I'm thinking green. And I think we're meeting the Brownells later to swim and then swim lessons after that. Thomas is starting the jump into the water on his own, swim short distances and even swim a little under water. I think another few weeks of lessons and he'll be swimming for real. He really likes it. I wonder if it will be his thing.

1 comment:

  1. It has been a great summer so far. The weather has been pretty cooperative (if you can dodge the thunderstorms) and it has just been good all around.

    Maybe it was because the winter was so long and drawn out that we are so embracing the summer this year...who knows? I'll take it.

    See you on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete