Friday, October 23, 2009

Teacher Conferences and a wet Campout

Chris and I met with the kids' teachers this week and they are doing great! Thomas seems to be growing by leaps and bounds. He's going to school and coming home with a happy face every day. He is already reading at a level that is usually half way through 1st grade. Nolan is reading at a level that is half way through 5th grade. Both are improving in their writing and math. Math still isn't a strong point for Nolan, but he knows his facts really well. He loves social studies. I'm proud of them both.

Baseball is over for Nolan and Thomas has 4 more swim lessons to go. I think I'm going to sign him up for another session. Nolan will start basketball in a couple weeks. Both kids had a Cub Scout Pack Meeting this week. We are finishing up the popcorn sales and have a camp out at a local Boy Scout camp this weekend. It is supposed to be pouring rain and cold...so I am NOT AT ALL looking forward to it. Nolan is spending the night and Thomas and I are only spending the afternoon. We hope to find a way to use tarps to keep dry. Wish us luck!

Next week we have 2 half days because of continuing parent-teacher conferences. I finally go to traffic court to settle on the ticket I got in August. And we finalize the week with Halloween! Nolan is going to be a knight and Thomas is going to be SpongeBob. Chris and I are celebrating Halloween by doing a 5K race together...Chris' first race since we started running together and my first race since I did the marathon 6 years ago. Chester will celebrate by laying on the couch!

No comments:

Post a Comment