Monday, October 5, 2009

Mud, mud and more mud












We hiked up Kane Mountain on Saturday with Nolan's Den, and it was like walking up a running stream! I've never hiked with so much mud. It was a short hike with not much view, but it was a lot of fun going with a bunch of people and going up the fire tower. It was really cloudy but at least it didn't rain. The sun came out as soon as we finished! We scrubbed the boys sneakers and set them under a fan all night so they would be dry for school today.

We are are settling in to the school routine now, especially Thomas. He was having trouble with the morning rush and the long school day. But he's getting on the bus great now, and talking a lot about his classmates. He came home one day last week and told me one girl in his class gets to watch R rated movies! It was like she was his hero or something! I told him to find out what movies she's watching because I'm not buying it! He's even doing better with sitting still in church and participating in his religion class. The first week of religion he ran out the door into the parking lot, and the second week he hid in the closet the whole time. This week, we told him he could hang out with Gaba afterward if he did a good job. It worked! He even did a skit in the classroom. So he's really growing up and getting past his little fears.

Nolan had a good baseball game yesterday, though they lost 7-6. He hit a double but they got 3 outs before he made it home. He just loves to play. We have a few weeks left before fall ball is over. Then 2 weeks break before basketball starts.

I decided against the book club...I didn't even make the first meeting before quitting! It wasn't for me. I've been saying no to a lot of commitments lately, it seems. I can be such a hermit.

So this week Thomas is having a friend over, swim lessons, baseball practice and I get to babysit the 2 little girls down the street again. I have an all day workshop on Saturday so Chris will have the boys. Sunday we split up and I take Thomas to a Cub Scout event while Chris takes Nolan to his baseball game. And Wednesday Chris and I will have been married for 14 years! Wow! Time flies when you are having fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment