Wednesday, August 5, 2009

You just won...a new car!


OK, so it's not new and I didn't win it. But I am striking a "Price is Right" pose! After a LLLOOONNNGGG pause of me not having a vehicle and all the headaches dealing with the garage and the insurance, we now have 2 cars in our driveway again. The garage declared the Subaru totaled on Saturday, so we went camping and came back to car shop with a vengeance! We found this lovely 2003 Pontiac Vibe and it fit the bill. It even has some perks...it came with a CD changer and a remote car starter! So Mathew...what should I name it??

I won't blog much about the camping trip since Chris did. I will post this one picture of Mike and I because it is just the EPITOMY of our relationship and I love it. I'm always the happy, flaky one and he's the "oh, please, give me a break" one! Of course, I think that cup has wine in it so that could be part of the reason for being happy, but I digress. Mike, you're the best. It was a great weekend, despite the rainy outcome. I hope it becomes an annual event.

So we going to continue sucking the life out of this summer and ignoring the back-to-school ads. Not having a car, I got a lot of homey projects done and now having a car, I'll start doing all the errands that didn't. The kids are still in camp in the morning this week and next. We have a blissful weekend at home coming up, and then it's off to Moira and the Franklin County Fair (Almanzo Wilder went to the same fair!).

1 comment:

  1. I am totally jealous of your remote car starter. I REALLY need one of those since we don't have a garage to park our cars in.

    ReplyDelete