Thursday, May 7, 2009

Baseball Weekend

We've become consumed with baseball now. Nolan has 2 games and a practice each week and Thomas has a game each week too. They are both loving life and playing great. On the way home from a game, Nolan told me, "Mom, I love baseball. It's all I think about." He said it so seriously. It's great to see him become so absorbed in something that he really loves, and be good at it too.

I've been planning an intergenerational event for our two parishes, co-chairing with my new friend Holly. The first time they had an event like this, 300 people attended over the two sessions. It's been a great learning experience and seems to eat a lot of my time, when I'm not on a ball field. We keep hitting road blocks that we have to work around. But I'm amazed at how people are giving of their time and talent to make it all work. I hope we get a good turn out with all of this effort. I'm getting to know the most wonderful people.

This weekend Mom and Dad are coming down to see our ball players. Nolan is going to try out for a Pitch, Hit and Run Competition. The winners move on and may have a chance to see a major league game in Saint Louis. We'll see what happens with that. We're sorry to miss Simon's 1st communion this weekend--good luck Simon! We're proud of you! It's Gaba's birthday this weekend, Mother's Day and our friend Danny's 1st communion too. Lots to celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment