Friday, October 17, 2008

From Fright Fest to Camp Out

Our train wheels just keep turning! We went on our final trip to the Great Escape on Monday and enjoyed Fright Fest. It's basically just a lot of decorations at the park, and all of the water features had red dye to look like blood. Cinderella's castle looked really weird with it's bloody moat! It was a beautiful fall day when we were there, although a little overcast. I got to go on the Blizzard for the first time (basically a scrambler ride) and laughed so hard I cried! It's my favorite ride. We also went on the ferris wheel for the first time and Chris did the Steamin' Demon as a first for the year. I just think it's amazing we went to the park 10 times from May to October and we still have new rides to go on!

On Tuesday I got to babysit a neighbor's little boy Caleb for a couple hours. He's 2 and so adorable. It was neat to have a little guy in the house again. It was also neat to see how Thomas was as "the big kid". I think he enjoyed bossing him around!

Wednesday I got to make pumpkins for a bulletin board with Thomas' class. Thomas loved having me in his room and I was impressed with how independent he was and sure of himself. He's really loving kindergarten. Parent Teacher conferences are next week, so I'm excited to hear what they have to say.

And tonight, Chris and Nolan are going to a camp out with the Cub Scouts until tomorrow afternoon. Thomas and I are going to a Harvest Hoedown at school. It's so weird I'm doing something with Thomas at a school event without Nolan! Saturday we have a swim lesson and it's Farm Foliage Day in Schenectady. Sunday is probably our last baseball game.

So lots of fall fun for the Rooneys. And Happy Birthday to my brother in law John!

No comments:

Post a Comment