Saturday, January 9, 2010

Lazy Saturday

I'm enjoying a cup of coffee in my warm house instead of running in this below-zero wind chill this morning. Nolan and Chris are at basketball and Thomas and I are being lazy. We have to meet them at 10am at Lowe's so the boys can do a do-it-yourself clinic on making a coin bank. Other than a car appointment this afternoon and needing to cut Nolan's hair, we don't have many other plans today. Oh, there's a game night at church tonight. So I guess it isn't much of a lazy Saturday, but it feels like it right now.

So I don't have a lot to report about the kids. Nolan is doing a basketball clinic on Saturdays through the school and both boys are doing another basketball clinic on Wednesdays through St. Helen's. Thomas is loving it! There's a science fair at school next month, and Thomas is going to make a poster on how basketball makes you healthy. Thomas is continuing to do well with the swimming, especially the backstroke. We're hoping he moves up to Level 3 in the next session. It's a lighter month for Cub Scouts. But at the end of the month, we are all going to spend the night at the New York State Museum. This will be Thomas' first sleepover with scouts, although I don't think there will be a lot of sleeping. I'm still on the fence whether I might go home when it's light's out.

I wish it would warm up a little so we could play outside more. It's too cold to even go sledding. When's January thaw coming?

No comments:

Post a Comment