Sunday, November 16, 2008

Get ready for a new resident, Grandma!

Yesterday, Thomas was disgruntled because he wasn't getting something he wanted, so he announced he was going to move to Grandma's house. He packed a pillow, blanket, Leapster and Monopoly game. He said he would just walk there and be back the next day. I told him how much I would miss him and that I didn't want him to go, but if he really felt he had to, then I hoped he'd have a safe trip. He started going out the door, but once he saw it was pouring rain, decided to wait until later. He kept telling us he would go after he played, or after we got back from errands. Then, sometime in the later afternoon, he decided he would stay home after all. Whew! You almost had another mouth to feed, Grandma!

The weather was nice this past week, but the wind came today to bring colder temperatures. On Veteran's Day, the boys and I had fun playing indoor mini golf and lunch with Dad at work. I was in Thomas' classroom helping a few days and went on a field trip with Nolan's class. Today Chris took the boys to volunteer at the food bank while I went Christmas shopping with his mom. I'm almost done shopping; just a few more things.

This week we have a den meeting where the cubbies are going to make bird feeders. I helped organize an effort at church to pack shoeboxes with toys and necessities for needy kids; the project ends this week with the shoeboxes getting delivered. Also, through church, we are going to an intergenerational Advent gathering on Saturday. I am in charge of K-2 group Saturday night. I'm going to have them play with gingerbread playdough while I ask them questions about Advent. I have to make the gingerbread playdough this week, with Thomas' help probably. So between all of this and other meetings this week, I'm beginning to feel churched out! But it's all good stuff, and with Thanksgiving coming, we really have so much to be grateful for. Thanksgiving is at Chris' sister Annie's house I think--can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment